Our client is one of the leading publishers in Ireland, publishing some of Ireland’s most popular national newspapers and online publications. We are now recruiting for a dynamic marketing and assistant to the CEO.
Main Objectives of the role
Working in a fast paced environment, this position assists the CEO in contributing to commercial activities of the organisation, involving a diverse range of activities, from marketing and events planning to scheduling and planning meetings, to researching and preparing commercial information for decision making.
Key Responsibilities include:
Responsible for planning and organising events and meetings with clients and guests,
- Liaise with event personnel, agencies, hotel management etc.
- Organise event promotional material, artists, photographers, branding etc.
- Responsible for organising staff events, parties and meetings at external locations.
- Prepare reports on advertising, sales and other key performance indicators
- Effective co-ordination and scheduling of meetings, conferences, customer visits, off-site events & meetings.
- Keeping updated and abreast of developments in the advertising, digital and print publishing industries.
- Researching and preparing information on commercially relevant information;
- Assist with creating presentations for meetings.
- Attend and contribute to Senior Leadership Team meetings
- Handle ad hoc queries
Key Competencies / Personal Requirements
- Educated to Marketing diploma or equivalent level
- Commercial experience with a keen interest in gaining insight and knowledge of this fast paced and dynamic industry.
- Strong numerical ability,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, excellent decision making ability and exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and to stay calm under pressure
- Self- motivated and proactive approach
- High levels of professionalism and confidentiality are essential for this role.