Our client a dynamic, constantly expanding digital publishing group are now looking for a stand out Commercial Director .
Reporting to the CEO the Commercial Director role will assume responsibility of developing and implementing a commercial strategy for the entire Media Group to deliver ambitious revenue targets.
The role will be responsible for the day to day management of the highly professional sales and client service teams in addition to the long term strategic development of the commercial side of the business.
- Develop, implement and manage the commercial strategy across all platforms to drive revenue growth and broaden client base.
- Work alongside the CEO to provide best in class client focus.
- Develop innovative and industry leading commercial propositions that deliver our clients marketing objectives in the most effective and efficient manner.
- Provide timely and accurate sales data, analysis and reports for the CEO and board.
- Work in full partnership with the content teams to identify revenue and long term commercial content opportunities.
- Ensure all campaigns are executed in line with industry regulations and standards where applicable.
- Ensure that at all times the commercial adequately staffed, trained and motivated to achieve the sales targets as set out.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships by meeting with top clients on a structured scheduled basis.
- Grow a sales culture within a team environment that encourages growth and offers long term opportunities for growth and progression.
- Monitor on going competitive media activity and target clients.
- Maintain a good knowledge of emerging technology and marketing practices relating to the digital publishing business and digital media in general.
- At times this role will involve entertaining clients outside of work hours and during weekends.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 3 plus year’s digital media sales experience with a proven track record in managing a team.
- Proven sales strategy development and execution capability.
- A proven track record in meeting and exceeding sales targets.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Strong knowledge of digital advertising technology and the optimisation of same.
- A track record in leading, inspiring and motivating a team of sales professionals.
- A strong ability to multi task and an ability to work across teams from all areas of the business.
- Demonstrate the creativity and drive to devise new ways to best meet our customer requirements and increase revenue.
- Strong presentation, administration and reporting skills.
- The ability to work and excel in a fast paced, dynamic and highly competitive sales environment