Overview of job
A Business Director has ultimate responsibility for all aspects of client relationships, clear career direction, leadership, management and motivation of people, the delivery of the company business goals and the communication to all relevant parties of the company mission and unique selling points.
3 best things about the job
- Brand: You will be working on competitive brands that continuously make impact in the market!
- The Team: You will be part of a team of young passionate individuals with hip leadership and loves thinking outside the box.
- Experience: This role will bring you closer to your future as a competitive Media Planner for the top FMCG and F&B companies in the country.
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Gotten an understanding of the agency portfolio of clients.
- Come up to speed with the agencies value proposition specific to the importance of the right social and digital approach
- Started to build relationships with the key decision makers within the client and agency organizations
In six months, you would have:
- Proven yourself as a reliable point of contact for client stakeholders
- Played a crucial role in developing media guidelines and strategies for 2016
In 12 months, you would have:
- Been involved in new business pitches and developments
- Anticipated what is needed to stay on track to secure, grow and solidifying client relations, and to take action appropriately
Responsibilities of the role
Act as a leader, overseeing and supervising all aspects of media planning, client, agency and company network relations and positive development within portfolio of clients to ensure the highest possible level of client service and product delivery
- Compile and input into individual goal setting for all members of the team and ensure regular discussion and appraisal meeting of these objectives and adherence to job specifications
- Ensure to have a regular and open dialogue with all people in your teams and have a clear view of their career progression capabilities
- Plan, direct and manage team structure and resource allocation for each client to ensure optimum and adequate resource for each client.
- Seek out and exploit all opportunities with current clients to strengthen relationship, create new revenue streams and to improve overall company rating with client.
- Ensure all members of team attend and complete all relevant company training courses.
- Seek new business opportunities for company at every opportunity.
- Be an advocate of creative media thinking to all members of the team.
- Have frequent contact with senior level of direct media owners to facilitate company profile and in the development of initiatives.
- Act as an ambassador for company to all external parties at all times and to clearly understand and be able to communicate the company objectives, culture and credentials.
What you will need
As Business Director, you will drive the successful smooth running of an account, smarter media solutions, the integration of all the relevant business areas offered by the company, and the profitability of that business. It requires strong leadership, cutting edge negotiation ability, communication and management skills coupled with control of many delegated tasks.
As Business Director, we expect you are client focused and take a direct role in the running of the department and the wider agency.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience across a broad range of clients.
- Exceptional leadership, business and interpersonal proficiency
- Prior thriving managerial experience
- Possess commercial awareness and demonstrated business acumen
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills as well as strong selling skills
- Possess sound financial management skills
- Conduct all business relationships in an efficient, courteous and straightforward manner and able to resolve any issues in a consistent, fair and objective manner.
- Possess thorough market and industry knowledge – historical and current and to identify opportunities
- Possess thorough client knowledge – also client’s market and competitors information
- Have top-line knowledge of the broader picture – other markets and key clients
Please submit a current CV to email@example.com