Advertising Business Development Executive
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Business Development Exec/Manager to forge a successful career with a well established print and digital media organisation.
Based in the Dublin office, this is a unique and varied role with a strong emphasis on face-to-face sales and business development across print, selling advertising and innovative client solutions to leading direct clients and through their media buying agencies.
- building client direct and agency relationships
- managing booking systems and budgets
- selling long term advertising schedules
- developing and selling in bespoke advertising solutions.
You will be expected to be aware of breaking advertising campaigns and develop your own leads pipeline; monitor direct competition and market share; set up meetings to pitch to senior marketing personnel and media buyers across the advertising sector.
Experience and skills required:
• Proven, successful B2B sales and business development experience of at least 2 years in print, radio or another media format.
• Strong understanding of both print and digital media, and ability to sell fluently across channels.
• Results driven, comfortable with sole accountability for sizeable revenue budgets
• Superb communication skills in spoken and written English.
• Strong commercial acumen, “thinking on the go”, formulating commercial solutions and maximising revenues at every opportunity
• Well educated to degree level, smart, personable, reliable
• Self-motivated, able to work both independently and collegiately as part of a team
• Hard-working, energetic and enthusiastic combined with entrepreneurial flair and desire to win
• Strong management, communication and presentation skills both internally and externally with clients and agencies
• Work well under pressure, wants to succeed and win.
An understanding of or interest in media features and lifestyle publications. In exchange for your super skill set and experience there is a competitive basic salary on offer with a commission package and other benefits.